Sunday, June 6, 2010

Soothing Teething for a Toddler

"I need to be more careful mommy, my mouth hurt!"

Poor baby! She has her back teeth coming and she is in pain. And what's worse is she think it is something she did to make it feel that way. But its just nature taking it's course.

It must shoot out in bursts because she will be playing fine in one moment, and in the next she is crying out for relief. Nobody likes to see their child in pain. So I decided to see what I could do about it.

For a more immediate effect, I made her a cup of Chamomile Bed Time Tea. It seemed to do enough, as she didn't have any outburst between that time and the time she went to bed. I froze the tea bag for her to chew on in the morning if it is bothering her.



After making her tea, I made some Chamomile ice cubes to crush and have her chew on to sooth the pain in her mouth.














I also decided to make an infused oil of Chamomile and Cloves to apply on the gum area and hopefully help with the pain as well.

Everything I read said Clove oil (essential oil), and I had none on hand, so I just infused some cloves into an almond oil and hope that is enough to do the trick. I wanted to add some willow bark to the oil, but I had to make due with what I had on hand.





















Infusing the crushed herbs in oil over low heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment